Once upon a time, there was a very lazy young boy named Devdas. One day, in order to escape his mother’s wrath (who once again caught him doing nothing), Devdas runs away and comes face to face with a hairy and furry demon... An extraordinary journey illustrated with sounds of traditional Indian instruments (sitar, flute, harmonium, sarangi, tanpura and tabla) and mesmerizing female voices. To read if you want to discover Indian music!
Discovering World Music series
A true work of art, each title from this series is a cultural initiation through various means: music, instruments, songs, tales, history, geography, plants and animals. The texts are read by narrators from everywhere, meaning sounds from different languages like Russian, Portuguese, Creole and Arabic can be heard. Each book is the result of a collaboration between authors, illustrators and expert musicians with the support of the Boulogne-Billancourt National Conservatory in partnership with the Action Fund of SACEM.
• Music of Russia – Emporte-moi (Take Me Away), Lissa Ivanovna
• Music of North Africa – Zowa et l’oasis (Zowa and the Oasis)
• Creole Music – Tino le lamantin (Tino the Manatee)
• Music of Brazil – Les petits cireurs de chaussures (The Little Shoeshiners)
• Music of South America – Cayetano et la baleine (Cayetano and the Whale)
• Music of India – La danse du démon (The Demon’s Dance)
• Music of Gypsies – Le Petit Cheval d’étoiles (The Little Starry Horse)
• Music of Africa – Timbélélé et la reine Lune (Timbélélé and the Moon Queen)
A 10% discount is granted on the purchase of 4 titles or more of the Discovering World Music series.